Busy times, lots to do every day, with more and more pressure building up… Added to stress, comes the conflict in relationships! How do you accomplish it all while being energetic, and stay at peace with your inner self on a daily basis?
The Oxford Dictionaries defines the word peace as ‘Freedom from disturbance; tranquillity’.
On my journey to finding more peace and serenity in my daily life, I’ve read and experienced various things. I will share some of the top ones that I find have worked great for me, and also more ways that help…
Practice the following on a daily basis, or at least regularly:
- Have a positive attitude towards life
- Listen to music (soothing)
- Dance (to express yourself)
- Read many books
- Plan your day (to-do list)
- Morning, evening and bedtime routines
- Skincare routine (yes!!!)
- Try a new recipe
- Declutter your house, yard, office and your life
- Surround yourself with loving and supportive people. Let go of the leeches!
- Plan a weekend out with friends/family
- Spend time with your dog/cat
- Travel on vacation
- Go to the mall/spa
- Watch a football match
- Be mature, accept changes when you can do nothing about them
- If you’re at fault, then correcting your mistake will bring you peace of mind
- If necessary, do seek professional/medical help or go for counseling sessions
- Simply relax
- More ways, think for yourself…
There are endless ways for inner peace. Just find your favourite ones and remember to practice daily/regularly and with consistency. Keep smiling and feel the difference!
“Success isn’t measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.” – Mike Ditka
“If there’s no inner peace, people can’t give it to you. The husband can’t give it to you. Your children can’t give it to you. You have to give it to you.” – Linda Evans
What has worked best for you so far? Would you like to share your ideas? Please do so. Thank you!
Photo courtesy: Canva