Are you a lover of tasty dishes? Are you at the same time, careful to stay fit, yet energetic? Finding the right balance between healthy foods and getting desired energy levels can be a challenge when you’re not sure which ones to choose.
Read my blog post to find some nutritious foods that give me a boost of stamina. They aren’t boring. I find them rather tasty. Use my list for your inspiration.
Disclaimer: My blog is to be used for general information, inspirational, and motivational purposes. I share things that I’ve learnt and experienced. In case of need, do seek help from a professional in the relevant field.
As a self-improvement blogger who also shares about self-care, I have done a few posts about nutritious foods. I intend to share with my blog readers, a list of healthy foods that I enjoy and also give me stamina. Do consume in moderation, as with any goodies.
Foods that are high in fibre tend to help you to feel full, so then, you won’t get hungry during the day. There are many options to choose from, and my list isn’t exhaustive.
Here are 10 healthy foods that I find tasty and which also give me good vitality:
As part of my breakfast, I take some toasts and vary the other types of dishes from time to time, to make them interesting and motivating.
Some examples are:
- Oranges are high in vitamin C.
2. Oats. I prefer gluten-free brands. Oats are great to make you feel full. However, do accompany them with other things to add the flavours that you prefer.
3. Nuts. I often add them to oats. My favourite nuts are cashew nuts, pistachio, and almonds.
4. Eggs contain many vitamins. I have them twice or thrice a week. Avoid using too much oil for frying. Consider boiling them, at least from time to time.
Eat healthily, stay fit! Join me on Instagram.
Lunch and dinner
When having rice, bread, pasta, noodles, etc., healthy dishes to accompany them are:
5. Oily fish such as salmon, sardines, mackerels, and tuna are great options to choose from. They’re full of nutrients and especially rich in omega-3 fatty acids. I enjoy my filets cooked in a health fryer. This air fryer is a handy alternative to deep frying in oil. It’s also quick, convenient, without any mess left in my kitchen from the cooking sessions.
6. I enjoy organic vegetables whenever possible. It’s often expensive, so grow your own vegetables if you can.
7. Lentils are nutritious. I often have pulses on the menu for dinner. Have them with rice or take them as a soup. It’s possible to add spices, herbs for greater taste and a variety of vegetables for additional vitamins.
I must admit that I don’t have desserts daily. This makes it easy for me not to worry about having a sweet tooth. However, I do allow myself exceptions on certain days. This may be different in your case.
8. Pure honey. I love the taste of pure mountain bee honey. It’s a natural sweetener that I sometimes add to my oranges for breakfast, especially if they’re sour.
9. Dark chocolate is my favourite! I prefer when the percentage of cocoa doesn’t exceed 70%, as it gets too bitter for my taste when it’s too strong. By not storing much chocolate at home (or any at all), it helps avoid indulgence.
10. Read this blog post for some ideas on low-fat ice cream and alternatives.
Inspiration for healthy eating… Watch my short slide show Instagram video.
Although my blog post is on food, I can’t leave out beverages. Water is vital for life. For how long can humans live without it? There are many healthy drinks to choose from. I’ll list some that I enjoy most.
- Hot water. I drink it every morning on an empty stomach. It’s a great break from my 8 hours sleep or so, which leaves me feeling dehydrated.
- Smoothies and detox juices made of a variety of fruits, including citrus.
- Herbal teas are great and you can choose from a wide range of flavours. Buy them or use grandmother recipes with spices and herbs that you have at home.
- Aloe Vera pulp juice is stunning and has so many benefits.
- Coffee is a must-have for me in the morning! After years of having black tea, I have switched to coffee. I then have herbal tea in the afternoon and evening, as I can’t tolerate much caffeine in a day.
Find your best invigorating cuisine
Use my list as a prompt and then add on more options to find and choose your favourites. Take the right proportions of foods, drink lots of water, exercise regularly, sleep properly, and breathe in fresh air daily. In case of need, do consider seeing a dietician or nutritionist for professional advice.
To sum up, healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring and does provide energy and stamina. Choose the best options for yourself. Would you like to leave a comment with your tips? If you know someone who needs to read my article, please share it. Thank you!!
Photo/Image courtesy: Canva